Today’s hospitals are faced with unprecedented challenges to their financial well being including:
- Increasing bad debt and charity care expense as a result of increasing deductibles and an increasing number of uninsured and underinsured patients
- Increasing competition on key high margin services such as OP imaging, OP surgery, radiation oncology, and cath lab services often at the hands of your own physician staff members
- Declining reimbursement from Medicare, Medicaid and commercial payors
- Increasing regulatory and documentation expense driven by changes required by CMS including the new MS-DRG’s and never events
Given these challenges it is essential that administrators take every measure to reduce outmigration, manage costs through LOS reduction, and identify opportunities to increase contribution margin. This of course is easier said than done given the current demands on the administrative team’s time and resources.
Accelecare Wound Centers® has partnered with numerous hospitals to successfully:
- Reduce outmigration
- Increase positive margin OP revenue
- Average $1,100,000 annually
- Increase ancillary revenue in key hospital departments and services including OP imaging, lab, cath lab, vascular surgery, general surgery, orthopedic surgery and general medicine
- Average of $1,600,000 annually
- Reduce LOS on key patient populations
- Enhance the efficiency of the hospital administrative team through
- Detailed financial, clinical and referral reporting
- Turn-key OP department implementation and management
- Increased physician collaboration by providing a new referral source for members of your medical staff
Every hospital has unique challenges and opportunities and we find that it is essential to perform a detailed market, clinical, financial and medical staff assessment to determine whether there is a sufficient opportunity for both the hospital and Accelecare to work together.
If you would be interested in a, no-obligations, customized market assessment please contact Accelecare by clicking here.